This qualification provides a trade outcome in carpentry; covering work in residential and commercial applications.
The qualification has complusory requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as specialist field of work.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Carpenter and Joiner
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, some of the exciting job opportunities include:
- Building & Construction
- Wall and floor tiling
What a Carpenter does on the Job:
- Construct formwork into which concrete is poured
- Set out an outline of the building on the ground of the site, using string and pegs to allow for excavation
- Build floors, wall frameworks (timber or metal), roofs and suspended ceilings, and lay timber floors
- Read plans and specifications to determine the materials required, dimensions and installation process
- Install metal and timber windows, sashes and doors
- Construct and erect prefabricated units, such as cottages and houses
- Cut materials with hand and powers tools, and assemble or nail, cut and shape parts
- Install door handles, locks, hardware, flooring underlay, insulating material and other fixtures
Maintain and sharpen tools
Industry/Enterprise requirements for this qualification include:
- Problem Solving
- Initiative and Enterprise
- Planning and Organising
This course is delivered by face to face learning with trainers, this includes flexible classroom delivery, workplace simulation, assignments, assessment tasks and workplace activities.
You are assured of a full support base form our experienced personnel. Our trainers are available to assist participants via email, in writing or by telephone throughout the duration of the course.
If you are looking for more information, click on our Frequently Asked Questions here
This qualification provides a trade outcome in carpentry; covering work in residential and commercial applications. The qualification has complusory requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as specialist field of work.